Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

New Website for Handmade Artists!

I ran across a new site called Zibbet on Twitter today that's made for artisans like myself. From first glance I like the setup, because the front page is not overly selective, like Etsy's, nor incredibly cluttered, like ArtFire's! There are three rows of five photo slots on the front page, with one row for the Showcase(which will eventually be purchase-able ad space, but is currently random listings), another for the most popular items, and the last for new listings. All the rows are clearly visible on one screen without scrolling down or to the right, which makes the page look clean, like Etsy, but also allows every artisan a chance at the front page, like ArtFire!

There are no fees for listing, which sounds pretty good, but the transaction fee is 7.5%, which at first sounds kind of ridiculous! However, they have an EXCELLENT referral program, that nets you 2.5% of the sales/purchases of the sellers/buyers that you refer! Also, if you refer someone who buys from your own shop, they reduce the commission they take by 2.5%.

I decided to sign up myself, in an effort to have my name out there as much as possible! Also, I hope I can make some extra money off of their referral program. Therefore, if you do decide to sign up, please use my link:

http://www.zibbet.com/KitCameo/sell

Thanks!
~Kit

1 comment:

  1. Oh, thanks for the great new site. And I absolutely love your cat necklaces. Great to find another Etsy/handmade artist. I know exactly what you mean about getting your name out as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete